The search for an occupational therapy center is becoming the most important role among all types of treatments recently, because it enables the restoration of vital functions of the body and the formation of the ability to perform daily tasks and activities. Thus, in this article, we will learn about what occupational therapy is, its importance, diseases that need occupational therapy, and the best occupational therapy center in Egypt. and the Arab world.
What is occupational therapy:
Occupational therapy is a medical specialty that aims to improve and restore the motor and life abilities and functions of people with disabilities, injuries or diseases that affect their ability to carry out daily activities. Occupational therapy uses various techniques and exercises to enhance strength, flexibility, balance, coordination and general body movement, and to enhance the ability to carry out daily activities such as bathing, dressing, feeding and mobility.
- Occupational therapy programs focus on a variety of activities that people of all ages do, and their importance for human functioning as they enhance their sense of independence and well-being.
- Occupational therapy is the most appropriate therapeutic intervention that aims to allow each person to exercise their functional capacity and work as independently as possible.
- We can consider occupational therapy, a variety of programs that allow you, the most important qualities that you are trying to reach and can be done for all ages and groups.
- The importance of occupational therapy comes in allowing each person to exercise his functional abilities better and work as independently as possible.
Who needs occupational therapy?
Some often think that occupational therapy is directed to children only, but occupational therapy is important for many groups and helps improve their lives, among the most important advantages of occupational therapy programs:
- Developing the skills of children with developmental problems and disorders that hinder their motor, cognitive, and sensory skills.
- Overcoming specific difficulties that hinder functional, organizational, or motor abilities.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or children with sensory disorders.
- Adults whose abilities have been impaired in an accident, medical interventions, or chronic illness.
- Rehabilitation of the elderly who suffer from problems in their functional abilities.
- Developing the skills of children and adults who have psychological problems that affect their daily performance.
- Dealing with birth defects
- Rehabilitation of trauma-related injuries (brain or spinal cord)
- Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Rehabilitation of people with mental health or behavioral problems.
- Rehabilitation of cases of bone fractures.
- Treatment of growth retardation.
- Postoperative rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation of people who have amputations.
- Rehabilitation of cancer patients.
- Serious hand injuries.
- Multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and other chronic diseases.
The Physik Center for Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation is considered the best center that rehabilitates children with special needs and learning difficulties, as well as the elderly.
Areas of occupational therapy:
- Cognitive problems.
- Sensory problems.
- Organ mobility difficulties.
- Problems with the movement of the legs and trunk.
- Organizational problems (remembering difficulties).
- Difficulties of concentration of attention.
- Problems related to study and social environment.
What are the objectives of occupational therapy:
There are many occupational therapy goals that occupational therapy programs can achieve, the most important of which are:
1– Acquiring and training skills:
- The goal of occupational therapy is rehabilitation, where occupational therapy helps the patient acquire the skills he lacks using unique strategies suitable for difficulties.
2- Maintaining public health:
Through occupational therapy programs, assignments can be given to practice in order to enhance and maintain the abilities learned in the same meeting.
3. Increase self-reliance in the performance of activities:
- Occupational therapy programs and tools that many people use can help you become self-reliant and perform activities that contribute to improving mobility.
- Occupational therapy for a child with ADHD helps by organizing the daily agenda to prevent inattention and buying clothes that do not cause excessive sensory stimulation.
4. Give parents or family members of the patient guidance on how to help them develop their functional skills.
Occupational therapy or occupational therapy also focuses on the main axes:
- Ability to sense and move.
- The possibility of developing and implementing a treatment plan.
- The desire to do activities and continue it until the end.
How is evaluation done through occupational therapy?
- Determine the need for occupational therapy.
- Determine the size and seriousness of the problem and its complexity, and this is done according to the levels of functional difficulty in the fields of profession relevant to the child, according to his age and life circumstances.
- Identify the objectives and desired results of the intervention.
- Determine the duration and method of treatment.
What is the role of an occupational therapist:
- The role of occupational therapists is of paramount importance in the implementation of occupational therapy programs where occupational therapists work with individuals of all ages in order to promote effective participation in the functions of daily life, empower these individuals and improve the quality of life.
- Occupational therapists work with people who have difficulties or physical disabilities or mental health problems.
Among the most important activities in which the occupational therapist helps:
- Activities of daily living: in the sense of self-care activities such as bathing, dressing, looking after appearance, food and drink.
- Learning: Activities in which a person is allowed to participate actively in the learning environment and involves overcoming learning difficulties.
- Fun and play activities
- Social engagement activities: can be done by interacting positively with others in the community.
- The role of the occupational therapist at Physique Center is to evaluate and also make environmental adjustments that will help individuals engage in the functions of daily living.
Methods and tools of occupational therapy:
Although 40% of cases of motor delays or cases facing cognitive learning disabilities are treated with occupational therapy, there are many people who do not know what physical therapy methods are used according to the needs of each child and the skills he needs, the most important of which are:
- Sensory integration therapy.
- Methods of sensorimotor stimulation.
- Motor perception methods.
- Play therapy.
- Cognitive rehabilitation.
- Training in activities of daily living.
- Teaching neurodevelopmental therapy approaches.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Creative methods.
- Psychological approaches.
- Biomechanical method.
Autism Occupational Therapy:
As mentioned earlier, occupational therapy focuses on the individual, as it aims to increase the independence of the individual and participation in activities of daily living by improving the physical, cognitive, sensory, psychological and social abilities of the individual .
Physique specialists work in the treatment of autism with methods such as sensory integration, training in daily living activities through the use of assistive devices, visual perception skills and other cognitive therapies.
The programs of the Physique Occupational Therapy Center are useful in:
- Teaching appropriate behaviors, by identifying the sensory characteristics of the child with autism.
- Work to improve his sensory skills.
- Prevent tantrums and relieve stress through sensory integrative therapy programs
- Develop daily living skills such as eating, bathing, dressing, and self-care.
- Achieving social interaction by developing the child’s balance, coordination, physical perception and play skills.
- Developing language and communication skills, ease of learning and the ability to interact with those around them.
Pediatric Occupational Therapy:
Occupational therapy brings many benefits to children, because it aims to teach children of determination to carry out various activities, in order to develop their motor or mental skills.
It helps to achieve many advantages for them, including:
- Developing the child’s daily skills.
- Promote independence and develop the child’s own skills, self-reliance in daily activities.
- Develop different abilities, in terms of personal or social abilities.
- Overcoming various deficits and deficiencies with rehabilitation.
- Ease of integration with society.
- Developing self-care skills.
- Improve fine body movements.
- Development of manual motor skills.
- Development of motor-sensory synergy.
- The ability to control the muscles of the body.
- Teaching children with special needs to use movement devices and training in mobility with them.
Occupational therapy for the elderly:
- Many studies have indicated that the role of occupational therapy in home health care has a positive and real impact on elderly patients in all aspects of their psychological, social and economic lives.
- The latest statistics also showed that there was a significant improvement in the performance of the elderly for activities of daily living including bathing, eating, dressing, commuting and reducing the risk of falls through occupational therapy programs.
- Home occupational therapy services aim to maximize independence for the elderly and ensure safety in the activities of daily living of the elderly, the elderly and caregivers.
How does job rehabilitation help the elderly?
Although the largest role in the rehabilitation of the elderly for physical therapy, but at the same time vocational rehabilitation can achieve very good results in the recovery of the elderly through:
- Improve their mobility and balance.
- Minimizing pain and cramps.
- Improve lung and heart function.
- Improve neuromotor functions.
- Improvement of digestive function.
- Treatment of difficulty or problem of walking in the elderly.
Occupational therapy after thrombosis:
Occupational therapy has a major role in rehabilitation after strokes of all kinds, as occupational therapy programs aim to increase independence and movement better, and one of the most important things achieved by occupational therapy after strokes is that occupational therapy does.
- Motion Control:
This is done through programs to train the patient to better control movement, through motor coordination between the upper and lower extremities.
- Stimulation of the healing process:
Occupational therapy programs increase blood and oxygen flow to affected areas and help improve nervous system function.
- Enhance muscle strength:
Through occupational therapy, you can help strengthen the affected muscles and improve muscle strength to improve mobility and muscle function.
- Movement Stimulus:
Through the use of occupational therapy techniques and methods, mobility can be increased and the overall vitality of the patient can be improved.
The role of occupational therapy with Alzheimer’s patients:
Occupational therapy for Alzheimer’s patients:
- Occupational therapy aims to help patients or people with difficulties in their daily lives increase participation or integration into society.
- Occupational therapy can help in the middle stages of Alzheimer’s disease, in which patients have many difficulties living daily and therefore it is difficult for them to do some activities themselves, such as: bathing, defecating, dressing and eating.
- The occupational therapist provides a number of functional exercises that help the Alzheimer’s patient regain activity and independence.
- In this case, the occupational therapist gives guidance related to the patient’s care by helping him to carry out his daily tasks in a safe manner.
- The occupational therapist also provides the caregiver with a number of trainings, aids and the best ways to communicate with the patient and help him be independent and self-reliant.
Prices of occupational therapy sessions:
The prices of an occupational therapy session vary based on the patient’s condition, and we will provide you with the average prices in Egypt for 2023 which are as follows:
|Price of one session of occupational therapy for children
|Price ranges from 700 – 1000 EGP
|The price of one session of occupational therapy for diseases of the elderly
|Price ranges from 900 – 1200 EGP
|The price of one session of occupational therapy for strokes
|Price ranges from 800 – 1000 EGP
|Price of one session of occupational therapy for rehabilitation after accidents
|Price ranges from 1000 – 1200 EGP
Occupational Therapy Prices in Egypt 2024
The difference between occupational and physical therapy:
- Occupational therapy is a branch of health care, helping children carry out their daily tasks.
- Occupational therapy includes self-care or daily tasks and responsibilities, such as dressing, social activities, eating, writing, computer typing, and sports.
- Occupational therapy programs also help enhance the child’s ability to be as self-reliant as possible through structured activities and exercises.
- One of the most common mistakes that some believe is that occupational therapy not only helps children in the behavioral aspect, but also improves the child’s abilities in the emotional and social aspects. Among the most important benefits achieved by occupational therapy for children:
- Control the child’s balance, coordination of movement and endurance.
- Enable the child to stand, walk and sit.
- Help to rely on oneself to be more independent in performing his daily tasks.
- Help the child deal with feelings of anger and frustration.
- Enhance the child’s cognitive skills, such as attention and learning.
- You can visit the Physik Center, and go to the Occupational Therapy Department to book an appointment for the best treatment programs and specific information about your child’s condition and conditions and instructions.
Best Occupational Therapy Center for Children:
Choosing a functional rehabilitation center for children is one of the things that many are looking for, so it can be said that the Physique Occupational Therapy Center helps children with sensory and functional perception problems through:
- Internationally accredited programs in the rehabilitation of children’s cases.
- The best doctors specialized in the treatment and rehabilitation of children.
- Periodic follow-up and supervision of the implementation of treatment programs.
- The best tools and devices dedicated to developing children’s skills.
Best Occupational Therapy Center:
- Physique Center is the best center for occupational therapy, because it has the best occupational therapy programs, the best doctors specializing in occupational therapy programs.
- You can visit Physique Occupational Therapy Center for the best therapeutic experience in restoring mobility and doing functional skills, better.
- Occupational therapy will help you practice your life better by helping a group of distinguished doctors in occupational therapy.
What is the pediatric occupational therapy program at Physique Center?
- The occupational therapy plan at Physique Center is characterized by many benefits that it achieves for patients by focusing on integrated programs that achieve the best results.
- An integrated room for the development of the senses of children with cognitive or learning problems.
- Pediatric therapy services are provided at the Sensory Integration Clinic.
- The treatment programs at Physique Center are dedicated to working on sensory problems, motor functions, distractions, behavioral problems, as well as academic problems for children.
- Using effective learning methods and developing the skills they need in their lives in order to integrate into society and various social activities and achieve ease of learning.
What is the occupational therapy program for the elderly at Physique Center?
The elderly are the most people who face various physical and mental problems, so occupational therapy and occupational therapy programs have the largest role in the rehabilitation of these people, the treatment program at the Physique Center includes:
- Help people do the daily activities they need.
- Ease of movement and basic activities during the day.
- The ability to communicate and remember through certain cognitive processes.
- Increase the ability of the elderly to perform job tasks.
How does occupational therapy become more effective?
It is necessary for occupational therapy programs to achieve their goals set by the occupational therapist from the beginning, where the success of treatment programs is measured by the extent to which they achieve their goals and the progress made by the occupational therapist.
Thus, to get the most out of the treatment programs, you should focus on:
- The importance of treatment and early intervention.
- Motivate and encourage the patient to be independent and able to rely on himself in performing the tasks of daily life.
- Allow patients to seek help, either verbally or by sign.
- Continuity in working with the patient on therapeutic goals at home, in order to reach the maximum number of functional tasks.