Cupping therapy has become one of the best treatment methods at the present time, and it is a successful alternative to some medications and painkillers, and because of the ability of cupping to relieve pain and reduce muscle contractions, it has become the best treatment that most people resort to currently.
Throughout the ages, cupping has been used for a variety of medical purposes, including treating chronic diseases, relieving pain, and improving overall health. However, there is still controversy among the medical community regarding the effectiveness of cupping and its health benefits.
What is cupping therapy:
Cupping therapy is a traditional medical technique that dates back thousands of years. used to detox and improve blood circulation by placing glass or plastic cups on the skin to create suction and draw blood. Cupping therapies believe that they help stimulate the body and promote the healing process.
- Cupping is an alternative treatment in which cups are placed on selected points of the skin and create less pressure than atmospheric pressure, whether by heat or suction.
- The use of the term cupping has spread in most Arab countries as well as European countries.
- Cupping was also recommended by a number of Arab and Muslim doctors such as Ibn Sina, Al-Zahrawi, and Abu Bakr Al-Razi, and then it spread in European countries significantly.
The goal of cupping is to treat some conditions such as spinal and neck pain, arthritis, and it can also be used to prevent some diseases.
History of cupping therapy:
- Since ancient times, cupping has been used for more than five thousand years, however, scientists and researchers in the present era have not been able to but they have discovered some indicative effects of the use of cupping.
- Cupping was done using some simple primitive tools such as metal cups, bull horns, and bamboo trees.
- Among the most important ancient civilizations that used cupping therapy: the Chinese, the pharaohs, the Indians, the Babylonians, the Romans, the Arabs before Islam, and the Muslims after Islam.
- Some European countries took this type of medicine, quoting Muslims, and it was the best solution to many diseases until the ninth and twentieth centuries.
- At the beginning of the thirtieth century, as a result of the development of medicine in Europe, and the creation of an alternative to Arab cupping, using chemical drugs, but as a result of the harmful effects of chemicals, these countries returned to the use of cupping again.
Reasons that require cupping therapy:
As we mentioned earlier, there are many reasons for cupping, it has become a successful treatment and an alternative to painkillers, and it has proven its effectiveness significantly, and one of the most important reasons that can be treated with cupping is
- Low back pain, herniated disc, and neck pain
- Fibromyositis, chronic knee osteoarthritis, dysmenorrhea pain.
- Migraine and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Some cardiovascular diseases such as, systolic hypertension, heart failure, and arrhythmias.
- Diabetes where cupping contributes to reducing insulin resistance.
- Rehabilitation of stroke patients.
Diseases and pains that are treated with cupping
Cupping is an ancient treatment used to detoxify the body and improve blood circulation. They can be used to treat a variety of diseases and pain, including:
Diseases treated by cupping
- Gastrointestinal diseases: such as constipation, diarrhea, gastroenteritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease.
- Respiratory diseases: such as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, colds, flu.
- Diseases of the nervous system: such as headache, migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, dizziness, nerve pain.
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system: such as back pain, neck pain, joint pain, sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis, and gouty arthritis.
- Skin diseases: such as eczema, psoriasis, herpes, sores.
- Cardiovascular diseases: such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and blood clots.
- Other diseases: such as diabetes, weakened immunity, menstrual disorders, infertility, fertility problems.
The mother is treated by cupping
- Back pain: including low back pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain.
- Neck pain: including acute neck pain, chronic neck pain, and shoulder pain.
- Joint pain: including acute joint pain, chronic joint pain, rheumatoid arthritis, and gouty arthritis.
- Headaches: including migraines, common headaches, and tension headaches.
- Muscle pain: including acute muscle pain, chronic muscle pain, and muscle pain caused by fatigue or injury.
Steps of cupping therapy:
Cupping requires a set of steps that must be done accurately and professionally in order to achieve the best therapeutic results.
Among the most important steps of cupping:
- The physiotherapist puts a flammable substance in the cup, such as paper, alcohol or herbs, and then sets it on fire, and after it is extinguished, he places the cup directly on the skin.
- Leave the cup unmoved on the skin for 3 minutes.
- Specialists are currently replacing the first step of “setting a fire” with a rubber material.
- Most specialists use silicone cups, due to their ease of movement on the surface of the skin during the massage process.
- When performing wet cupping, therapists use a small scalpel to make cuts on the skin, to perform secondary suction and draw bad blood.
- The specialist may apply an antibiotic ointment and a bandage, in order to prevent infection.
- The number of cups used for cupping ranges from 3 to 5 cups.
The fizik Center for Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation is one of the best physiotherapy centers in Egypt that performs cupping, as it has:
- The best specialist doctors
- The best treatment programs that achieve the patient’s goals.
- Post-treatment preventive programs help prevent the recurrence of pain.
Benefits of cupping therapy:
Many studies indicated that about 45% of people indicated that cupping therapy has brought them many benefits such as increasing physical activity, treating some respiratory diseases and relieving joint pain, and the benefits that cupping brings to you can be summarized in:
- Feeling comfortable and relaxed: cupping contributes to increasing the production of endogenous opium in the brain, thus improving pain management
- Reduce back and cervical pain
- Reduce inflammation in the body
- Improve blood circulation, eliminate toxins and waste from the body and remove harmful substances from the capillaries in the skin
- Reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in the body, which is due to heart disease and thus they help reduce the incidence of atherosclerosis.
- Increase the number of red blood cells in the body and thus reduce the likelihood of anemia.
- Relieve muscle spasm and regenerate connective tissue.
- Control the level of blood pressure.
- Strengthening the immune system and preventing many diseases.
- Lowering the level of sugar in the blood.
Benefits of cupping therapy for women:
Cupping therapy achieves many benefits for all groups, especially women, as it contributes to the treatment of many cases, and the most important benefits of cupping for women are:
- Treatment of rheumatic disease.
- Treatment of numbness of the hands and feet.
- Reduce neck and shoulder pain.
- Treatment of pain and inflammation of the joints.
- Reduce lethargy and laziness.
- Treatment of sleep disorders such as insomnia
- Reduce the complications of hypertension.
- Treatment of gout andsciatica.
- Promote and improve the health of the immune system.
Benefits of cupping therapy for men:
Unlike many treatments, cupping achieves many benefits for men in particular, one of the most important benefits it achieves for men are:
- Improve sexual potency and increase fertility.
- Detoxification of the body, especially in smokers.
- Increase muscle mass in men.
- Improves digestive health.
- strengthen the immune system
- Prevention of prostate cancer.
Physik Center is one of the most physiotherapy centers that care about men’s health through a complete therapeutic unit for the treatment of andrology through physiotherapy methods and devices.
Benefits of cupping for slimming:
- Cupping achieves many benefits for the health of the body, especially to obtain the ideal weight, as it benefits the body in losing weight as an alternative to diet and dieting, and the most important benefits of cupping therapy are:
- Fat disposal: Cupping targets areas of fat deposits in the body, waist circumference, and thighs, due to the ability of cupping to target deep tissues and dissolve fat.
- Cleaning the blood: The primary role of cupping is to get rid of stagnant blood in the body, and thus the metabolism occurs easily and efficiently, which prevents the accumulation of fat and weight gain.
- Food absorption: Cupping raises the rate of absorption of food significantly to control an important matter that causes obesity, which is the love of food, as cupping raises the rate of absorption significantly.
- Body harmony: Cupping helps balance along the body’s cells, and promotes weight loss because it accelerates fat metabolism, especially in areas rich in fat.
Types of cupping therapy:
There are many types of cupping that can be used, and each type varies according to the nature of the case and the desired goal of treatment, the most important of which are:
Dry cupping is done through a set of steps:
1.Put a plastic or glass cup on the skin and absorb the air inside the cup.
2.Cups are used during rest for five to ten minutes.
- Cupping is often used with massage and acupuncture to achieve better treatment results
- Silicone cups can be used by a physiotherapist for this type of cupping.
- Essential oil or cream is added to the skin and then pass the cup over the areas that need treatment, massaging the area with a cup.
- This method is the best type of cupping, in which the physiotherapist performs a light suction by leaving the cup in place for 3 minutes
- Then the therapist removes the cup and makes a small hole in the skin.
- After cupping, a person may need an antibiotic ointment and bandage to avoid infection.
- Apply massage oils to the body, then the cups are glued to the body and pulled across the area.
4. Sliding cupping:
- It can be used as a massage, as often the muscles of the body can be subjected to stiffness and tension, and then the person needs a topical massage to return to normal.
Chinese cupping is a type of cupping therapy based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine. These principles believe that vital energy (qi) flows through the body through pathways called energy channels (pathways). When these channels become blocked, it can lead to health problems.
Chinese cupping aims to remove these blockages by creating suction in the skin. Chinese practitioners believe that this suction helps to bring vital energy back to normal, leading to improved overall health.
Tips for cupping therapy sessions:
After cupping sessions, the body needs rest and relaxation, and one of the most important tips after cupping sessions
- Fasting or sufficiency with fat-free snacks for two to three hours of cupping.
- Avoid intense exercise for at least 6 hours after cupping, because the body consumes all its energy in order to drain toxins from it.
- You should avoid eating red meat or dairy products, milk and soft drinks for 48 hours of the cupping session
- It is preferable to stay away from drinks containing caffeine and sugars for 6 hours after cupping.
- Physik Center for Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation is the best center for cupping and muscle recovery sessions, through the best therapeutic devices and a selection of specialized doctors.
The difference between cupping therapy and recovery sessions:
|It is an ancient treatment based on drawing bad blood or impure blood from the body by placing glasses on the skin in certain places.
|It is a treatment based on the use of different techniques such as music therapy, color therapy, aromatherapy, hypnotherapy, and other techniques.
|Improve blood circulation, remove toxins from the body, get rid of pain, enhance immunity.
|Improve psychological state, treat anxiety and stress, improve sleep, and enhance concentration.
|Cupping is performed by placing cups on the skin in certain places, then air is suctioned from the cups, which leads to the formation of a vacuum, and then blood is withdrawn from the cups.
|Recovery sessions are performed by using various techniques such as music therapy, color therapy, aromatherapy, hypnotherapy, and other techniques.
|The cupping session takes about 30 minutes.
|The recovery session lasts about an hour.
|Number of sessions
|It usually takes several sessions of cupping to get the desired results.
|It usually takes several healing sessions to get the desired results.
|Cupping may cause some risks such as bruising, bleeding, and infection.
|Recovery sessions are usually safe, but may cause some minor side effects such as drowsiness or dizziness.
|The cost of cupping varies depending on the region and skill level of the cupper.
|The cost of recovery sessions varies depending on the region and the type of service provided.
The difference between cupping therapy and recovery sessions:
RECOVERY SESSIONS ARE THE BEST TYPES OF PHYSICAL THERAPY, AS THE BODY ALWAYS NEEDS EVERY PERIOD TO RECOVER, REDUCE MUSCLE SPASMS, LOOSEN MUSCLES AND RETURN THE BODY TO ITS NORMAL STATE.
Among the most important benefits of recovery sessions:
- Reduce muscle and joint pain.
- Tissues recover faster, promoting a state of relaxation and rest.
- Release of muscle ganglia
- Reduce stress and significantly stimulate blood circulation.
While cupping sessions not only help reduce joint pain, muscle stiffness and body spasms, but also nourish all organs of the body, and stimulate blood circulation as it helps in:
- Improve the functioning of the organs of the body.
- Improve the health of the immune system.
- Stimulate blood circulation in the body.
- Treatment of headaches and migraines.
- Reduce cough and shortness of breath.
- Increase concentration and improve memory health.
- Soothe nerves and relieve neck and shoulder pain.
Cases in which cupping therapy should not be done:
Although cupping brings many benefits to the body and helps stimulate blood flow and improve blood circulation, cupping is not allowed in several cases:
- Areas of veins, arteries, lymph nodes, or varicose veins
- When there are open wounds, or in case of bone fractures and deep vein thrombosis areas.
- Having cancer.
- People with kidney and liver disease.
- Patients with cardiovascular coronary
- Those with blood thinners
- Those with severe infections.
- Pregnant or postpartum women.
- Those suffering from anemia.
Side effects of cupping therapy:
Although there are many benefits achieved by using cupping therapy, it has some effects that occur after cupping sessions, such as:
- Mild dizziness.
- Sweating or nausea.
- The appearance of bruises and discoloration of the skin.
Cupping therapy sessions prices:
|The price of one cupping session in Cairo
|From 300 : 400 EGP
|The price of one cupping session in Giza
|From 350 : 450 EGP
|The price of one cupping session in Lower Egypt
|From 250 : 300 EGP
|The price of one cupping session in Upper Egypt
|From 250 : 350 EGP
Alarm therapy prices in Egypt 2024
The best medical center for cupping therapy in Egypt:
There are many physiotherapy centers that do cupping of all kinds, although the Fizik Center for Physical Therapy and Cupping is the best reliable place for cupping sessions, as it has the experience of doctors and specialized therapists, in addition to the best modern treatment devices and programs.
Fizik Center is one of the best medical centers in Egypt for cupping therapy. The center has many advantages that make it an ideal choice for people who want to get cupping treatment, including:
- A team of experienced and highly qualified doctors and cupping therapy experts.
- Using the latest techniques and tools in cupping therapy.
- Apply high safety and quality standards at all stages of treatment.
Fizik Center offers a variety of cupping therapy services, including:
- Traditional cupping.
- Dry cupping.
- Fiery cupping.
- Chinese cupping.
How does cupping work in physical therapy?
Cupping improves blood circulation in the body by creating suction in the skin. This suction allows detoxification of the body and improves blood flow to the affected tissues.
Cupping can be used in physical therapy in several ways, including:
- Traditional cupping: A cotton pad soaked in vegetable oil is set on fire and then placed in a glass cup. This allows the creation of a powerful suction in the cup.
- Dry cupping: A glass cup is placed on the skin without setting it on fire. This allows the creation of less powerful suction.
- Firecupping: A cotton pad soaked in vegetable oil is set on fire and then moved over the skin. This creates small bruises on the skin.
Fizik Center is the best physiotherapy center in Egypt that provides multiple services, including cupping therapy, and this is done according to the latest scientific methods.
How can cupping help in occupational therapy?
Cupping can help treat a variety of health conditions that can affect a person’s ability to perform daily activities, including:
- Back pain: Cupping can help reduce back pain by improving blood circulation and reducing inflammation. Cupping can also help strengthen the muscles that support the spine.
- Neck pain: Cupping can help reduce neck pain by improving blood circulation and reducing inflammation. Cupping can also help strengthen the muscles that support the neck.
- Joint pain: Cupping can help reduce joint pain by improving circulation and reducing inflammation. Cupping can also help strengthen the muscles around the affected joints.
- Headaches: Cupping can help reduce headaches by improving circulation and reducing inflammation. Cupping can also help reduce stress, which can be a cause of headaches.
- Constipation: Cupping can help treat constipation by improving blood circulation and reducing inflammation. Cupping can also help strengthen the muscles that support the bowels.
There is some scientific research that supports the use of cupping in occupational therapy. For example, a recent study found that cupping can help reduce chronic back pain in people who have difficulty performing daily activities. Another study found that cupping can help reduce migraines in people who have difficulty concentrating or working.
The most important questions about need therapy:
When is the best time to do cupping?
There is no specific time for cupping, as dry cupping that depends on the suction method can be performed at any time. While wet cupping is preferred. Which is done using cups and skin striping, on the seventeenth, nineteenth or twenty-first day of the Islamic lunar month.
Is cupping painful?
During the cupping session, the person has a feeling of mild pain in the cupping places in the body.The pain results from the superficial striping of the skin, and due to the suction of the cups to the skin, and thus shows signs that resemble bruises but disappear after 5 days.
What are the best places in the body for cupping therapy?
There is more than one place on the body that is the best for cupping sessions, including
- Subjects closest to infected tissue, because they facilitate ridding the body of pathogens.
- The area above the seventh cervical vertebrae.
- The area that lies on either side of the neck, behind the ear.
- The area between the shoulders and the top of the head.
Among the areas where cupping should not be done:
- Lumbar vertebrae. Cupping is not done on it, but next to it, whether from the right or the north.
- Coccyx area directly.
- Navel area.
- Prominent, inflamed and hydrophomas.
- Places of muscle rupture.
- Varicose veins.
What happens to the body after cupping?
After cupping, the patient can feel comfortable and relaxed all over the body as a result of the increased flow of blood and oxygen to all areas of the body. In addition, the body gets rid of toxins accumulated within it. After cupping, the patient feels an improvement in the digestive system because the blood flowing to the abdominal area increases contractions that treat indigestion and constipation.
When do the results of cupping appear?
It cannot be said that there is a specific time for positive results of cupping to appear, but it helps the body get rid of most health problems in the long run. While some say its usefulness appears after the disappearance of the signs and effects that cupping leaves on the body after a week or two of the cupping session.
Is cupping useful for women?
It should be noted that cupping has many benefits for women, the most important of which are:
- Minimizing menorrhagia.
- Minimizing menstrual pain.
- Relieve migraine pain.
What are the symptoms of post-cupping in women?
As for the damages after cupping for women, its damages are rather few, the most important of which are
- Feeling dizzy
- Sweating and nausea.
- Pain in the cupping area.
- Feeling of headache.
- General fatigue and exhaustion.
- Muscle strain.
Is cupping possible a day or two before the menstrual cycle?
There are no studies that show the best date for cupping during the menstrual cycle, in all cases cupping during the menstrual cycle is not separated
One of the most important benefits that cupping brings to women
- Relieve menstrual cramps and cramps.
- Reduce the symptoms of hormonal disorders and complications of PCOS.
- Helps regulate thyroid disorders and menstrual disorders.
- Improve the ovulation process.
- Treatment of inflammation or obstruction of the fallopian tubes.
- Stimulation of blood flow towards the uterus.
- Reduce the likelihood of miscarriage.
Does cupping help in weight loss?
Cupping can target fat deposits in the body, including around the waist and thighs, due to cupping ability to target deep tissues and dissolve fat.